KVRX 91.7 is the student-run radio at The University of Texas at Austin, committed to bringing diversity to the music scene by playing "none of the hits, all of the time." For more information about our station, visit our website, kvrx.org.
We're raising money to purchase equipment that will improve the quality of our sound on air as well as in our studio for live performances.
To be more specific, we are hoping to raise enough money for:
- four processors for the microphones in the booth to create a clearer broadcast
- two signal splitters for the production room to give us more control over where the sound goes
- a new tape deck to replace the broken one, allowing DJs to play cassettes on air
- two conductor open frame jacks to allow everyone speaking on air to wear headphones
- four powered monitors that will dramatically improve an artist's experience at Local Live, for In-Studio performances, and Library Sessions.