The School of Information (iSchool) is a premier research and education program for the 21st century field of information. We’re changing the future by engaging the present and preserving the past.
Research and teaching at the iSchool changes the ways that we interact with information and technology, changes how information can make the world a better and fairer place and changes the ways we protect and preserve our collective memory. Through your support, you can help educate the next generation of information creators, innovators, brokers, designers and researchers.
Your gift to the School of Information is a direct investment in the education of the next generation of leaders in the library and information professions. From adding the latest technology in our labs, to providing scholarships, professional development and networking opportunities, your ongoing support is critical to educating leaders in the information profession.
Your gift can support:
- Research colloquia, workshops and conferences
- Open House during the fall and spring semesters
- Commencement and iSchool convocation
- New student orientation and Career Services Bootcamp
- Back-to-school mixer for new and returning students
- Alumni events, including TLA, ALA, SLA, SAA and regional gatherings
- Career workshops, including speed interviewing, networking, alumni panels, and speakers
- Unique internship opportunities, such as spring break at the Library of Congress
- Professional photographs for our students
- A student organization
- Other (your choice)
Your contribution to the Texas ’23 Class Gift will help ensure that the School of Information can continue to attract the brightest students who are committed to address the global information challenges facing us today and into the future.
Double your impact today! The Office of the President has offered to DOUBLE any Class Gift donation up to $30,000. In addition, the first 1,000 graduating Longhorns who give $20.23 or more will receive a commemorative Class of 2023 Tower pin.