It's hard to believe that we'll be in India in less than two months! We've been working so hard since Day 1 and now we're so close thanks to all of you who donated.
It's been a while since our last update, so thanks for sticking with us. A lot of things have happened since, and we are excited to tell you all about it.
Most exciting of all was a call we had with our community!! Village leaders gathered outside and spoke with us over Skype with the help of our NGO representative, Mr. Poul, who translated for us. The village was excited to hear our plans and had several suggestions for layout, which we were happy to hear. It was incredible to actually be able to see and speak to the people we will be working with. The village is beautiful -- take a look at some of the pictures below.
Our Milestone 3 presentation went very well and we were given full approval for our project! A great way to kick off Spring Break in my opinion.
The team completed technical designs on the building and we are now in a review phase with our contractor. Our two technical leads, Danish and Arvind, spent some late nights putting a great design together.
Now that the semester is wrapping up, we're making moves to get all of our pre-departure logistics finalized: vaccines, plane tickets, and a few other items.
Stay tuned for more updates. :)
Special thanks to:
- Technical advisor, Ken Hanks, who's been so helpful and fun to work with this entire time.
- Marty Rumbaugh and Carlos Galdeano for teaching our class.
- Julie Westerman for taking care of our behind-the-scenes logistics.
- Anneke Valk, a social work student from UT, who is currently in India and has been integral in our success.
- To everyone supporting us and donating to our project, we couldn't be here without all of you.